New Ham FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
New Ham FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
LOTS needs to be added here! N6NBN
- "Is a Walkie-Talkie ("HT") enough?"
- "What should I learn First, Second, Third...?"
- How To program my radio;
- How to Find Repeater Info;
- How to Operate on a Radio Net;
- "How do I meet other Hams?"
- "Do I need to spend Thousands of Dollars to be a Ham Operator?"
- "Do I need a huge antenna on my roof, or a Big Tower in my backyard?"
- "How do I find somebody to talk with?"
- "How do I find an Elmer? (experienced Ham to help me)"
- "How do I find Repeaters?"
- "How do I find Radio Nets?"
- "How do I find Ham Clubs near me?"
- "Are there Public Service Events I can participate in?"
- "How can I learn Morse Code?"
- "I want to Upgrade my License; where do I find Study Materials online?"
- "What Radio(s) should I buy?"
- "How do I find Ham Fests, Conferences, and/or Swap Meets?"
- "How do I find an Emergency Preparedness Group to join?"
- "Ham Vocabulary, help!!??"
- (see “New Ham Terminology” at HamWiki at PSRG.org
- "How do I Program my Radio?"
- "What is 'Earth-Moon-Earth'?"
- Online Practice Ham Tests: