Difference between revisions of "New Ham FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (→Other Frequently Asked Questions: adjust formatting)
|(47 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
* What a Radio Net
* How do I ?
* Do I to ?
* How do I ?
* How do I find an Elmer? (Ham to help me )
* How do I find Ham Clubs near me?
* Are there Public Service Events I can participate in?'''
* '''I want to Upgrade my License; where do I find Study Materials online?
* Ham and Ham Vocabulary!!'''
'''I my What [Amateur Radio '''
Latest revision as of 16:07, 16 May 2017
- What Radio(s) should I buy?
- Is a Walkie-Talkie ("HT") enough?
- What should I learn First, Second, Third...?
- Do I need to spend Thousands of Dollars to be a Ham Operator?
- Do I need a huge antenna on my roof, or a Big Tower in my backyard?
- What information do I actually ''program'' into my radio, and why?
On the Air
- What is a Radio Net?
- How do I find Radio Nets?
- Do I have to learn Morse Code?
- How can I learn Morse Code?
- What is ''Earth-Moon-Earth'' communications?
- How do I meet other Hams?
- How do I find an Elmer? (an Experienced Ham to help me Learn and Practice)
- How do I find Ham Clubs near me?
- Are there Public Service Events I can participate in?
- How do I find Ham Fests, Conferences, and/or Swap Meets?
- How do I find an Emergency Preparedness Group to join?
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- I want to Upgrade my License; where do I find Study Materials online?
- All this Jargon!! Help me with Ham Vocabulary!!
- I have my license and some equipment. What kind of new activities can I try?