Manually Program Anytone-D878
08 Mar 2020: This is a draft for review.
How to add WW7PSR (the PSRG repeater) as a channel in the Anytone AT-878UV Plus HT via the keypad.
This tutorial was written using a radio with firmware ver. 1.17 installed. Different firmware may result in different menu appearance and options. To check your firmware version follow the directions in steps 1 - 3 below but highlight and select 3 Device Info instead of 2 Chan Set then use the ▼ key to scroll down.
The [MENU/SELECT/CONFIRM] key is at the upper left corner of the keypad and features a solid green bar. The [EXIT/BACK/DELETE] key is at the upper right corner of the keypad and features a broken red bar. The ▲ ▼ keys are on the round key between the [MENU] and [EXIT] keys and the ▲ (up) key is marked with a single white line at the top. The ▼ (down) key is marked with a single white line at the bottom. The #↑ key on the keypad is used to toggle between lower and upper letters and numbers but only while you are in a window, e.g. the channel Name window, that allows you to input alphanumeric data.
- Turn on the radio and wait for it to finish booting
- Press [MENU] and then use the ▼ key to highlight Settings and press [SELECT] to select Settings.
- Use the ▼ key to highlight 2 Chan Set then press [SELECT].
- 1 New Chan should already be highlighted. If so, then press [SELECT]. Otherwise use the ▲ ▼ keys to highlight it and then select it. (When you select New Chan the channel number window will open, the next unassigned channel number is displayed by default in the lower right of the window.)
- Use the keypad to enter the channel number of your choice and then press [CONFIRM]. After you enter the channel number the Name window will open, you can skip this by pressing [CONFIRM] or you may enter a name. You can also skip Zone selection by pressing [SELECT] to select the default zone. Press [SELECT] again to confirm your choices and exit the New Chan window. (If you try to create a new channel using a channel number that has already been assigned you will get an error message.)
- Use the ▼ key to highlight 3 Channel Type and press [SELECT] to select it then, if necessary, use the ▲ key to highlight 1 A-Analog and press [SELECT]. Press [BACK] to return to the Chan Set menu. (If you don't do this step before proceeding some of the options you'll need to use below may not be available because the radio may default to a different channel type.)
- Use the ▼ key to highlight 4 TCTD then press [SELECT], then highlight and select 2 CTC, then use the ▲ or ▼ key to highlight 15 103.5Hz. Press [BACK] twice to return to the Chan Set menu.
- Use the ▼ key to highlight 8 Tx Power then press [SELECT], then highlight and select 3 Power Hi. Press [BACK] once to return to the Chan Set menu. (For this example we're using high power but you should actually use the lowest power that gives you a reliable signal to the repeater.)
- Use the ▼ key to highlight 9 Offset then use the ▼ key until Offset -0600HZ is displayed then press [SELECT]. (Remember -0.6 MHz = -600Hz.)
- Use the ▼ key to highlight 11 Bandwidth then press [SELECT], then highlight and select 2 Wide. Press [BACK] once to return to the Chan Set menu.
- Use the ▼ key to highlight 13 Rx Freq then press [SELECT], then enter 14696# then press [CONFIRM]. Press [DELETE] once and press [BACK] once to return to the Chan Set menu.
- Use the ▼ key to highlight 14 Tx Freq then press [SELECT], then enter 14636# then press [CONFIRM]. Press [DELETE] once and press [BACK] once to return to the Chan Set menu.
That's it, you're done. To return to the main radio screen press [BACK] twice and [EXIT] once.
You can confirm that you've programmed the radio correctly by following the instructions on the DVR Playback page. Make sure the channel you've programmed is current/active before testing; otherwise, you may inadvertently broadcast on a different frequency. To edit a saved channel's settings it must also be current/active.
This article is one of many how-to articles on our wiki.