Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|(112 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[::] using .
Latest revision as of 12:48, 2 July 2023
Welcome to the Puget Sound Repeater Group Wiki
Are you ready to contribute to the wiki but don't know where to start? See the list of articles needing attention. If you've created a page and would like to see it linked from the Main_Page (this one), e-mail tech[at]psrg.org with a link to the article.
New Technologies in Amateur Radio
EmComm: Emergency Communications
- Learn about Winlink, FL-digi, APRS, and more!
- Seattle Emergency Community Hubs home site
- EmComm Groups in Western Washington
- GMRS and FRS Radio in Western Washington
- New Ham Operator Terminology
- New Ham FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Activities for Amateur Radio operators
- Study for your Ham License, for Free!
- DVR Playback: Learn how to test your audio signal using the PSRG repeater's Digital Voice Recorder
- Site Tour: View some pictures of the PSRG repeater QTH (location)
Anytone Radio Features
Baofeng Radio Features [FYI: "Bàofēng" 暴风 means "Storm"]
- Extend the 'Time-Out-Timer (TOT)'
- Disable the 'Roger Beep'
- Disable Site Alarm Transmit
- How to Program from the keypad (no computer needed)
Yaesu Radio Features
- Quick Start Guide for the Yaesu FT-60R Handheld Dual-Band Radio
- Beginner's Guide to the Yaesu FT-60R Handheld Dual-Band Radio
- Official Manual for the Yaesu FT-60R Handheld Dual-Band Radio from Yaesu.com
- Learn how to disable WIRES (Yaesu beep-on-transmit problem)
- Bookmark and read the Radio Hobbyist's Design Book.
- A good site for visualizing the wind/weather is WindyTV.com.
- If you're new to the hobby and just got a Chinese HT, be sure to check out Miklor.com.
- Learn more about the hobby by subscribing to some amateur radio podcasts and YouTube channels.
- PSRG Facebook Page - Official announcements and events: Hit "like" to subscribe
- PSRG Facebook Discussion Group - Closed group for discussion of anything remotely related to Ham Radio: Hit "join" and specify your call sign
Other Useful Ham Web Sites
- ARRL: Many useful regulatory, educational, operating, and technical items and links
- AC6V: and The DX Zone: General-interest websites with many links on all phases of ham radio
- QRZ: Call sign lookup service and general-interest ham radio portal
- eHam.net: News, articles, equipment swap-and-shop, product reviews, and mailing lists
- Radiowave Propagation Center: Real-time information on propagation and solar data
- NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center: Real-time information on space weather and radio communications
- TAPR: Information on digital data modes and software-defined radio (SDR)
- AMSAT: Main site for information on amateur satellites
- WA7BNM Contest Calendar: Contest calendar and log due dates
- YOTA: World-wide group for student and young adult hams, based in Europe
- DXMaps.com: Collection of real-time maps showing worldwide activity on any amateur band